Township Homes Damaged In Separate Fires

A microwave oven and a discarded cigarette were blamed for two fires that damaged homes in the township on April 6.

The first, reported at 5:49 p.m., was in a Wilson Road home’s kitchen and was apparently started in the microwave, according to a press release from the Franklin Township Police Department.

All of the home’s residents were out of the house by the time fire fighters arrived, but one suffered from smoke inhalation, according to the release.

The house was severely damaged and was later deemed uninhabitable, according to the release.

The second fire was reported at 6:35 p.m. in a New Brunswick Road’s home garage, according to the release.

The fire was extinguished quickly; the cause was determined to be a cigarette that was discarded before being fully extinguished, according to the release.

An inspection showed the damage was limited to the garage, and the residents were allowed to return, according to the release.


Your Thoughts


Please Support Independent Journalism In Franklin Township!

No other media outlet covering Franklin Township brings you the depth of information presented by the Franklin Reporter & Advocate. Period. We are the only truly independent media serving the Eight Villages.

But we can only do that with your support. Please consider a yearly subscription to our online news site; at $37 a year, it’s one of the best investments you can make in our community.

To subscribe, please click here.

Other News From The Eight Villages …