Quantcast

Police: Stove Fire Badly Damages Franklin Boulevard Home

A Franklin Boulevard home was badly damaged and its owner displaced Dec. 17 after a fire started on the home’s stove.

The home’s 78-year-old owner and a 60-year-old aide – neither of whom were identified – escaped the blaze unharmed, police said in a release about the incident.

A 9-1-1 call reporting the fire was placed to police headquarters about 12:13 p.m., according to the release. When police arrived, they saw heavy smoke coming from the home.

Firefighters from East Franklin Fire, Community Fire, Elizabeth Avenue, New Brunswick, North Brunswick, and Bound Brook responded to the fire, the release said. A crew from PSE&G also responded to switch off gas and electric service to the house.

The fire was reported extinguished at about 2:30 p.m., according to the release.

An investigation revealed that the fire started on the stove and spread to the walls of the home, according to the release. Investigators said the fire did not appear to be suspicious.

The home was deemed inhabitable due to the damage, the release said. The homeowner will be staying with relatives.

Your Thoughts

comments

Please Support Independent Journalism In Franklin Township!

No other media outlet covering Franklin Township brings you the depth of information presented by the Franklin Reporter & Advocate. Period. We are the only truly independent media serving the Eight Villages.

But we can only do that with your support. Please consider a yearly subscription to our online news site; at $37 a year, it’s one of the best investments you can make in our community.

To subscribe, please click here.

Other News From The Eight Villages …

Sign Up For The Morning Report!