Police Log: Feb. 14 – Feb. 22 , 2017
- Natalia Novickij of of Monroe was cited for making an improper turn after her car collided with one on Route 27 driven by Azim Ahmad of North Brunswick. Novickij had pulled over to the shoulder of the road, then made a left to go across the lanes of traffic in front of Ahmad’s car.
- Lining Zhu of New Brunswick was cited for driving without insurance and tailgating after her car rear-ended one on Route 27, driven by Natividad Perez of New Brunswick.
- Someone tried to break into a Holland Drive home using a key or other instrument in a doorknob.
- Teesta Bose of Maryland was cited for careless driving after her car rear-ended one on Easton Avenue driven by Victoria Christiansen of East Brunswick. The impact pushed Christiansen’s car into one driven by Kyle Ross of Iselin. Ross was cited for leaving the scene of an accident. He later told police he had to get clients to their appointments.
- Samreen Akhtar of Piscataway was cited for careless driving after he car rear-ended a car on van Cleef Road driven by Tina Watson of Somerset.
- A Keurig coffee machine was shoplifted from a Route 27 store.
- David Why of Franklin Park was cited for careless driving after his car struck a car driven by Basil Samuels of Franklin Park. Why said he was turning left on Route 27 into the Tastee Sub Shop parking lot when the cars collided.
- $600 in cash was stolen from the cash register of a Route 27 store.
- Someone entered a Leupp Lane home, but nothing was stolen.
- Several bags of candy and $55 in cash were stolen from a Hamilton Street store. Police said the thief threw a brick at the store’s front door, partially shattering the glass, then finished the job with his shoulder. Once inside, the thief grabbed the candy and stole the money from the cash register.
- Someone stole a 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer from a Bayberry Drive home.
- Someone stole a 1998 Mercedes Benz E320 while taking it on a test drive on North Dover Avenue.
- James Delvett of Somerset was cited for careless driving after his car collided with one driven by Jean Bernstein, also of Somerset. Delvett said he did not see Bernstein’s car as he was trying to turn from McGuffy Road to Wade Avenue.
- Juan Santana of Highland Park was cited for careless driving after his car collided with one driven by Marie Forte of Somerset. Santana was merging from the Route 287 ramp onto Easton Avenue when the accident occurred.
- Someone stole $25 worth of medications from an unlocked car parked on Dudley Lane.
- Perla Benavides-Reyes was cited for careless driving after her car collided with one on Somerset Street, driven by Sun Yitian of Highland Park. Benavides-Reyes was turning left onto Somerset Street from Henry Street at the time.
- Someone broke into a car parked on Fir Court, nothing was stolen.
- A Samsung Note 4 cell phone, valued at $150, was stolen from an unlocked car on Fir Court.
- Two laptop computers, valued at $100 each, were stolen from a Somerset Street business. The thief broke through a front glass door.
- Someone tried to enter a South Middlebush Road home.
- Someone scratched a car parked on Dudley Lane.
- A bag of welding tools and a welding hood, all valued at $1,000, were stolen from a Dodge Ram 1500 parked on Davidson Avenue. The truck was moved out of its parking spot.
- All four tires and rims from a Porsche Macan were stolen while the car was parked on Worlds Fair Drive. The tires were valued at $1,400, while the rims were valued at $12,000. The car was placed on bricks.
- All four tires and rims were stolen from an Infiniti Q40 parked on Davidson Avenue. The car was placed on bricks.
- Someone tried to leave a store on Route 27 with a cart full of groceries.
- Jonathan Portillo of Sayreville was cited for careless driving after his car was involved in an accident with a car driven by Yolanda Merino-Coronel of Monmouth Junction. Merino-Coronel said she was driving down Hamilton Street when Portillo’s car turned in front of hers.
- Jessica Alvarez of Perth Amboy was cited for careless driving after her car collided on Weston Canal Road with one driven by Gerald Hufford of Belle Mead. Hufford said Alvarez’s car turned in front of his.
- Priyanka Mehta of Somerset was cited for careless driving after her car rear-ended one on Easton Avenue driven by Jason Arrington, also of Somerset. The impact pushed Arrington’s car into one driven by Alina Kolomeyer of Highland Park.
- Lileeth McBride of New Brunswick was cited for careless driving after her car collided with one on Franklin Boulevard, driven by Giselle Hinds of North Brunswick. McBride was turning left from a parking lot onto Franklin Boulevard when the cars collided.
- A window on a Reler Road home was broken; the damage was valued at $150.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 The Franklin Reporter & Advocate