Quantcast

Lint Build-Up Blamed for House Clothes Dryer Fire

Police shieldA Boulder Lane home was damaged the afternoon of Nov. 13 when a clothes dryer caught fire, police said.

Police responded to the home at about 4:45 p.m. and were told there was a fire in the house’s utility room. Police officer Leonard Bird said he and Dan Krushinski, chief of the East Franklin Fire Department, doused the fire with fire extinguishers.

One of the residents, whom police did not identify, told police that she started a load of clothes to dry when the dryer burst into flames. She said she cleaned out the dryer lint trap before running the dryer.

Erick Mickelson, a township fire inspector, told police that the fire was a result of a lint build-up in the dryer and the exhaust hose. Police said Mickelson reported that the fire spread to a pad onto which the dryer was mounted.

The dryer was destroyed, police said.

Your Thoughts

comments

Please Support Independent Journalism In Franklin Township!

No other media outlet covering Franklin Township brings you the depth of information presented by the Franklin Reporter & Advocate. Period. We are the only truly independent media serving the Eight Villages.

But we can only do that with your support. Please consider a yearly subscription to our online news site; at $37 a year, it’s one of the best investments you can make in our community.

To subscribe, please click here.

Other News From The Eight Villages …

Sign Up For The Morning Report!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *