Police Log: March 21 – March 27, 2017
- Maria Rodriguez of Somerset was cited for careless driving after her collided with one at Route 27 and Henry Street driven by Norman Daniels of New Brunswick. Rodriguez was turning from Henry to Rt. 27, she said she did not see Daniels’ car.
- Dominique Sanders of Newark was cited for driving while on the suspended list after his car collided with one on Girard Avenue, driven by Morgan Brown of Franklin Park. Sanders was backing his car, trying to reposition it, when his car struck Brown’s.
- Derrick Hicks of North Brunswick was slowing his car on Route 27 when it was rear-ended by a car driven buy Guangwem Qu of east Brunswick.
- Police said a car driven on Easton Avenue by Raymond Gross of Fords was sideswiped by a truck driven by Antonio Gomez of Dover.
- Arun Lakshmi-Narasimha of Monmouth Nunction was cited for careless driving after his car ran off the road on Jacques Lane and hit a telephone pole. He told police he was sleepy.
- Cecelia Nigro of Franklin Park was cited for careless driving after her car rear-ended one driven on Route 27 by Abdellati Aitelhamri, also of Franklin Park.
- George Bernet of North Brunswick was cited for careless driving after his car swerved out of its lane on Amwell Road and struck a car driven by Leonard Giaco of Franklin Park.
- Julia Chan of Somerset fell asleep while driving on Cedar Grove Lane, after which her car crossed the center line, hit the curb and then knocked down two mail boxes and a county road sign. The car then re-entered the road and drove off before being stopped by police.
- Karen Romero of Somerset was attempting to park on Hamilton Street when the car accelerated and struck a parked car owned by Scott White of Somerset. The impact pushed White’s car into a parked car owned by Jiro Matsumoto of Harrington Park. Romero was cited for careless driving.
- A package valued at $304 and containing children’s’ clothing was stolen from the porch of a Cameo Court home.
- Someone burglarized a 2014 Mercedes BenzGL450 while it was parked on Elizabeth Avenue.
- Cedric McDonald of Somerset was cited for leaving the scene of an accident and failure to report an accident after his car collided with one driven by Elizabeth Hucul of South Bound Brook in the ShopRite parking lot on Elizabeth Avenue. Hucul said she was looking for a parking spot when McDonald’s car, which was driven through empty parking space, hit hers. McDonald said Hucul hit his car after she drove recklessly into the lot. McDonald said he had things to do and could not wait for an officer to arrive on the scene.
- Dineen Bryant of New Brunswick was cited for careless driving and failure to make repairs after her car rear-ended one on Franklin Boulevard driven by Jacob Harvey of Jersey City.
- Someone broke into a Belmar Street home and sifted through personal papers, but did not steal anything.
- Bonani Dutta of South Brunswick was cited for careless driving after her car collided with one driven by Shashi Sheri of Princeton in a Route 27 parking lot.
- Someone tried to break into an Arden Street home.
- A wallet was stolen from a car parked on Whittier Avenue.
- A silver iPad pro valued at $700, a gold iPad Mini values at $500 and a backpack valued at $300 were stolen from an unlocked car parked at Baier Avenue and Philips Road.
- Khayree Walker, 38, of East Windsor was arrested on multiple warrants following a motor vehicle stop at Easton Avenue and John F. Kennedy Boulevard.
- Lorenzo Hill-Staten, 27, of New Brunswick, was arrested on an outstanding warrant from his home city.
- Jewelry valued at $2,500 was stolen from a Decaire Lane home. Taken was a white gold wedding band valued at $600, a rose gold and diamond bracelet valued at $500, a white gold and diamond bracelet valued at $500, a white gold square diamond ring valued at $400, a sapphire and gold bracelet valued at $300 and a gold and opal bracelet valued at $200.
- A surveillance camera on a Reler Lane home was moved.
- Hector Minaya, 49, of North Bergen was arrested on an outstanding warrant after a motor vehicle stop at Girard Avenue and Hamilton Street. He was also cited for driving while on the suspended list and being an unlicensed driver.
- Christopher Strzelecki of Somerset was cited for careless driving after his car rear-ended one stopped on Cedar Grove Lane, driven by Sabine Bejori of Edison.
- Scott Alvarez of Somerset was driving down Easton Avenue when, he said, he mistakenly stepping on his brake rather than his clutch, lost control of his car and hit the center median.
- Charles Benjaminpaulraj of North Brunswick was cited for careless driving after his car rear-ended one on Elizabeth Avenue, driven by Yongmei Zhang of Princeton. Benjaminpaulraj said he was distracted while eating a snack, and did not see that Zhang’s car had stopped.
- Rebecca Pratt of East Brunswick was cited for careless driving after her car rear-ended one on Easton Avenue, driven by Catherine Sackey of Somerset. Pratt said she was shaken by another driver who was tailgating her and blowing his horn at her.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 The Franklin Reporter & Advocate