Quantcast

One Man Injured In Reler Lane Apartment Fire

One man was suffered smoke inhalation April 17 in an early-morning fire in a Reler Lane apartment.

The unidentified 35-year-old man was taken to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick for treatment, police said.

The fire was called in at about 12:59 a.m., according to a press release from township police. The caller, who was the injured man, reported smelling smoke, the release said.

Officers saw that smoke was in the man’s apartment, and also determined that five other apartments were empty.

Firefighters from Community, Franklin Park, Griggstown and Middlebush fire departments responded and found fire in the floor of the upstairs apartment, according to the release.

An investigation by the township Office of Fire Prevention found that the fire was caused by an electrical issue between the upstairs and downstairs apartments, the release said.

Power was cut off to the building, which was deemed uninhabitable, the release said.

Residents of the affected apartments were found shelter in a local hotel by the American Red Cross, according to the release.

 

Your Thoughts

comments

Please Support Independent Journalism In Franklin Township!

No other media outlet covering Franklin Township brings you the depth of information presented by the Franklin Reporter & Advocate. Period. We are the only truly independent media serving the Eight Villages.

But we can only do that with your support. Please consider a yearly subscription to our online news site; at $37 a year, it’s one of the best investments you can make in our community.

To subscribe, please click here.

Other News From The Eight Villages …

Sign Up For The Morning Report!