Quantcast

Home, Yard Fire Displaces Two Families

Firefighters at the scene of a fire that displaced two families on Victor Street July 23. (Photo: East Franklin Fire Department.)

Careless disposal of a cigarette was the reported cause behind a July 23 fire that left two Victor Street families looking for alternative shelter.

The fire, which also burned grass behind the residence, damaged several other homes as well, according to reports from the Franklin Township Police Department and East Franklin Fire Department.

Police received a 9-1-1 call reporting the fire at 3:39 p.m., according to a press release from the FTPD.

Arriving officers saw smoke and fire coming from the read of one residential building and its backyard, according to the release.

Firefighters from the Franklin Township Office of Fire Prevention, Community Fire Department, East Franklin FD, Middlebush FD, Kendall Park FD, and New Brunswick FD responded to scene, according to the release.

One of the displaced family is staying with relatives, another was helped by the American Red Cross, the release said.

In a Facebook post, the East Franklin FD said the fire was caused by careless disposal of a cigarette.

Your Thoughts

comments

Please Support Independent Journalism In Franklin Township!

No other media outlet covering Franklin Township brings you the depth of information presented by the Franklin Reporter & Advocate. Period. We are the only truly independent media serving the Eight Villages.

But we can only do that with your support. Please consider a yearly subscription to our online news site; at $37 a year, it’s one of the best investments you can make in our community.

To subscribe, please click here.

Other News From The Eight Villages …

Sign Up For The Morning Report!