Police Log: Feb. 28 – March 6, 2017
- Louis Ord of Somerset was cited for careless driving and leaving the scene of an accident after his car struck a parked car in the basement parking lot of Harrison Towers. Ord was trying to park at the time. Ord told police that he was tired and wanted to go to sleep; he said he and the other car’s owner, Adel Collado of Somerset, exchanged information and he thought it was OK to leave.
- Elda Damian-Hernandez of Plainfield was cited for careless driving after her car rear-ended one driven on Cottontail Lane by Christopher Artemio-Cruz of Pennsylvania. Artemio-Cruz’s car was stopped for traffic.
- Packages containing clothing valued at $700 were stolen from the front porch of a Franklin Boulevard home.
- Allyson Barnacz, 37, of Franklin Park was charged with shoplifting after she allegedly tried to leave a Route 27 store without paying for some items.
- Edrean Fayen of Somerset was cited for careless driving after his car collided with one driven by Christian Say of East Brunswick. Fayen said he was turning left from Elizabeth Avenue to Schoolhouse Road when he misjudged the distance between his and Say’s car, and hit it.
- Credit cards were stolen from a car parked on Reler Lane.
- A GPS unit valued at $100 and a backpack valued at $50 were stolen from an unlocked car parked on Holland Drive.
- A window on a 2010 Chevy Express was smashed while the auto was parked on Ralph Street.
- $180 in cash and a purse valued at $100 was stolen from a 1998 Ford Explorer parked on Hunt Road.
- Jose Colon, 49, of Piscataway was arrested on an outstanding warrant from New Brunswick.
- Paul Robinson of North Brunswick was cited for careless driving after he told police that he fell asleep while driving on Amwell Road. His car hit a curb, left the road and struck a utility pole near Elizabeth Avenue.
- Someone stole a 2017 Ford Explorer, values at $35,000, while it was parked on Atrium Drive.
- Alberto Mendez, 40, of North Brunswick was arrested on an outstanding warrant from Milltown.
- Registration and insurance cards were stolen from a 2016 Toyota parked on Holland Drive.
- A green tote bag valued at $10 and $100 in cash was stolen from an unlocked 2012 Honda Accord parked on Marigold Lane.
- Someone shattered the passenger side door window on a 2005 Dodge Caravan while it was parked on Hamilton Street. The window was valued at $150.
- Tiana Hyland of Somerset was cited for driving while on the suspended list after her car rear-ended one driven on Claremont Road by Jose Rodriguez of Woodbridge. The impact pushed Rodriguez’s car into the read of one driven by Narendra Majithia of North Brunswick.
- A school bus driven by Jose Luzon of Somerset collided with a car driven by Michael Weber of Basking Ridge, as Luzon was trying to turn left onto South Middlebush Road from Buffa Drive. Luzon was cited for failure to observe a stop sign.
- Eddie Maxwell, 28, of Trenton, was arrested on an outstanding warrant from Elizabeth after a traffic stop at Somerset and Home streets.
- A man and woman were stopped outside an Easton Avenue store with two shopping carts of food that they hadn’t paid for, police said. The two fled without the carts.
- Hamdy Mansour of Princeton was cited for careless driving after his car rear-ended a car driven on Route 27 by Olusola Komolafe of Franklin Park.
- Sam Liang of Belle Mead was cited for careless driving after his car collided with a car driven by Heather Middleton of Highland Park in the intersection of Cottontail Lane and Pierce Street.
- A car parked on Douglas Avenue caught fire and damaged a house.
Copyright 2017 The Franklin Reporter & Advocate